Monday, October 13, 2014

Torta con hongos‏

Well, this week was awesome. We started out the week making brownies on pday with some elders and some members of the branch, it was pretty fun and super yummy :) 
Thursday I had one year in the mission!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! So we bought a cake from this bread place that we live close to and we were all super excited and then we cut it open and saw that it had mold!!! So my companion tried to get out all of the mold so that we could eat some of it, and the whole thing had mold, we were super sad. And then one of the sisters that we live with, started a cake fight with the molding cake, it was pretty funny and fun :) Oh the joys of living in a house with 2 other sisters :) 
This last week on pday at night we went to go work and the last week we found this guy on the street that was like 'quiero que me visiten' (I want you guys to visit me) so we took his number and we called him and we went to go teach him on Monday at night and we found out that he was a less active. He began to tell us that he is a returned missionary and everything and that he has made a lot of mistakes, and he told us that the other day he was praying to see missionaries, he just wanted to see missionaries because he hadn't seen them in so long. And then he saw us walking the other day when he ran up to us and told us that he wanted us to visit him. I love experiences like that, for real, it makes being a missionary so cool. But he is awesome and we are now teaching his family that are not members as well :) 
We had a work visit this last week where I went in the area of my sister leaders and my companion was with one of the sister leaders in our area, it was fun, Hermana Vasquez and I are super alike, she is from the Dominican Republic, cool huh? But we had a good time and some pretty cool experiences. 
We finally got to watch conference this last week, and those North Americans got to watch in English, hallelujah! It was fun, and super weird, It was weird to talk in English so much, like I am used to writing in English on pdays but all the other time I am talking in Spanish with my companion, like all the time, unless she is studying English and that is only one hour a day. So I don't know what I am going to do when I get home and I need to speak English all the time.....
But this week was really good, we had a lot of really cool experiences. :) I can feel myself growing so much as a person and I am super happy :)
Hermana Larsen





No comments:

Post a Comment