Monday, March 10, 2014

No hay comida...

Buenos Dias Utah!
What can I say about this week, well, we had Elder Grow come from the
presidency of the 70. Which was awesome. We had a training with our
ward with him and then a training with all the missionaries in the
mission. It was probably one of the coolest things that I have
experienced. We learned a ton about how we get to follow our hearts
and the spirit in lessons, and how numbers don’t matter as much, that
they are just numbers. Elder Grow is pretty cool, he served a mission
in Mexico, so he knows Spanish really well, but we all got to shake
his hand and talk to him for a little bit. When I said I was from
Smithfield (normally when I say that to people only Elder Valdez gets
it because he lives there too. But normally people don’t know where
that is, even the people from Utah.) But I told him and he was like
‘oh I had a stake conference there not too long ago.’ Ha cool, you
know where I live!  But the trainings were great, full of love and
full of a lot of learning for everyone.
We worked really hard this week, but there were a lot a people who
weren’t home and we had a lot of trainings. But for service Wednesday
we cooked food for the family that I have been telling you guys about
that doesn’t have work, we cooked rice (of course) eggs, maduro frito
(pentanes fried), and this Mexican treat in honor of my companion,
these tortillas with bananas and cinnamon in the middle. We brought
all that stuff to them for their food that day for our service. It was
great to see their faces. 
Then, later on in the week, no one was home Saturday night, I mean, no
one. And we didn’t know what to do, we had a feeling to head for the
family Rey, the family that we brought the food too. And with this
family we always seem to find them in the perfect time. Well, we found
the parents out fighting in front of their house. The wife was crying
because they haven’t had food and they don’t have stuff for the kids
to start school today. So we taught them about prayer and it was
awesome, but then they didn’t come to church the next day, kind of
sucked. But they have been going through this for a long time. Keep
them in your prayers.
Being a missionary is pretty cool, those experiences just make it all
worth it.  I’m so grateful for this opportunity. And time is going by
so fast! Love you all, hope all is well.
Remember how awesome you are.....And may all your wildest dreams come true ;)
Oh, and by the way, my companion is awesome, couldn’t ask for anyone
better. I love training 
Hermana Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment