Monday, November 24, 2014

Cumpleaños Feliz

Hey!!
What a week!! It was my birthday and we saw a ton of miracles this last week. To start off the week we lost our phone and just as it is terrible to lose your phone in your house it is worse in the mission because there is no way to communicate with your leaders or the people you are teaching. What happened was that we went with the other sisters to site see last Monday and I think someone robbed the phone from my pocket because we got home and it wasn’t there. But we spent the whole week trying to find ways to communicate with people, we felt super distant from everything. Until Saturday, my birthday, they found us a phone that is the phone of the elders in another area and we are using that until our new phone comes in December. We had to pay 50 soles each, it was quite the experience.
 We had a work visit this last week. The sister leader was in my area with my companion and I went with the other sister leader in her area. I was with another North American and my companion was with a Latina. It was pretty funny, because we talked English pretty much the whole time. But we had some pretty cool experiences. We were teaching and there was these two ladies waiting for us outside of the house and she looked and at me and motioned that I should come outside. We went outside and she asked us if we do therapies. And we were like, no, we don’t do that type of stuff we are missionaries. And we explained and they were like, we have someone that we want you to visit. We made an appointment for them to show us the house a little bit later because we were in a visit at that moment. We came later that night and they showed us a family that the mom had had a stroke and she couldn’t move any of her body, only her arm and her hand. She can’t talk or anything. We went and taught her and her family was super sad and was crying, she has been like this for two months. But the elders came and gave her a health blessing and they are doing better. But the spirit was so strong and it was such a cool experience.
We also had a mission night where we watched a video and played games. It was super fun, we played a ton of Peruvian games and watched a really cool video about a family that got baptized together. Not many people showed up to the activity but we enjoyed it with the branch president’s family and some other members that came.
The next day was my birthday and we had a ton of fun, my branch president and his family and the elders in our branch surprised me and we went on a little adventure. We ate fried chicken and rice on leaves with bark spoons. And they surprised me with 7 eggs on my head and flour. It is a tradition in Peru that when it is your birthday that they celebrate with eggs on your head. So I got 7! And it was terrible they also poured a ton of water on me too. It was like a cake on top of my head. It was super fun though. I think my hair still smells like flour and eggs. J Then at night another member surprised me with a family night with cake and popcorn and all kinds of treats, it was super fun, everyone said something and I wanted to cry because I love this branch so much, they are like my family here. I have made such good relationships with these people here.
Then on Sunday it just got better. Well, our investigator that was going to get baptized this week didn’t attend church so she will not be getting baptized this week but she will be getting baptized the next week and she is still super excited. But we had a family that is super cute and sweet that attended church and that is having a lot of problems and they loved church! The daughter loved young womens and the other daughter loved the primary. It was seriously a miracle to see them in church.
I don’t know if you guys remember a less active family that we are teaching that the husband drinks and used to hit his wife. Well we called them the last week to remind them about church and the husband was drunk and said some weird stuff and then we didn’t talk with them or visit them a lot during the week. We tried to find them but it never worked out. And then the husband found me when we were in our work visit in the other area. He was super embarrassed and felt super bad and was saying sorry and everything., which never happens with him. We went to visit them last night and they are progressing so well, they have changed so much; I was noticing that they have changed so much comparing to when we found them. It made me want to cry. I love this family. They have so much more unity in their house right now. I love Moyobamba J
Well there is not much to say. I love you all J Enjoy every moment because we only have this moment
Hermana Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment